The Internal Audit Unit (IAU) is a strategic partner for shareholders and management and supports the Company in managing resources productively and effectively to improve results for stakeholders and uphold ANJ’s core values.
The Head of the IAU is Mr Christian Lunard Sitorus, who was appointed in 2017, based on Resolution of the Board of Directors No 02/BOD/ANJ/GEN/2017 dated December 13, 2017.
The IAU’s principal responsibilities include the following:
PT Austindo Nusantara Jaya Tbk Internal Audit Charter
- Reviewing the Company’s internal control system to achieve organizational goals, including testing and evaluating internal control and risk management systems.
- Formulating and implementing an annual internal audit plan.
- Reporting on implementation and achievement of the annual internal audit plan.
- Evaluating the relevance, reliability and integrity of financial and management information.
- Performing audits and assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of finance, accounting, operations, human resources, marketing, information technology and other functions.
- Verifying the existence of assets and assessing the effectiveness of asset safeguarding.
- Assessing compliance with internal instruction and existing laws.
- Developing an internal audit report and submitting it to the President Director, Audit Committee and Board of Commissioners.
- Giving suggestions and recommendations for improving systems and procedures to prevent inefficiency and fraud at all management levels.
- Giving advice and consultation on effective and strong operational and financial systems.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting the implementation of suggested improvements.
- Coordinating with appropriate management levels to execute investigative and corrective action in the event of any indication of fraud or systems failure.
- Performing specific tasks as requested by the President Director and/or Audit Committee with regard to valuation, inspection, investigation, observation or review.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and cooperation with the Audit Committee.
- Preparing programs to evaluate the quality of internal audit tasks undertaken.